From Mie Guidebook
- Chūbu International Airport
- This major airport near Nagoya, largely known locally as "Centrair", is by far the closest to most of Mie Prefecture. Having been constructed in 2005, it is practically brand new and is without a doubt one of the nicest airport facilities in the entire world. Like the Kansai airport, it is built on a man-made island, and this island is on the direct opposite of Ise Bay from Suzuka. A number of transportation options are available from northern and central Mie.
- Kansai International Airport
- Built in 1992, this was the first international airport in Japan not located in Tokyo. As there was already so much infrastructure in place, the airport was built on a man-made island in Osaka Bay instead of wasting land space. Had exhorbitant construction costs, but is a beautiful facility which has one a number of architectural awards. Direct access from Osaka and Kyoto, and it is especially easy to get to from Namba. People living in Nabari and perhaps Iga as well will find this airport easier to get to than Centrair.
These websites can't be used to actually buy tickets, but will collect search results from most airline search sites all over the web allowing you to decide where the best options can be found.
- Really good for flights, especially when you know the day you're flying. Searches not just the individual airline sites but also the discount ticket sites like Orbitz. Works well for hotels and rental cars as well.
- ITA Airline Search
- Amazing search function that will check each airline over the course of an entire month from the date given. Only checks the airline company sites - does not check sites like Orbitz. Account registration is free and painless.
- See Travel Agencies
|Life in Mie|
|Services & Living||Appliances • ATMs • Driving • Finances • Hair • Internet • Mail • Medical • Phones • Shopping • Vegan • Wildlife|
|Rec. & Entertainment||Amusement Parks • Arcades • Festivals • Movies • Nightlife • Onsen • Outdoors • Restaurants • Sports|
|Official Procedures||Re-entry Permit • Visa Extension • Visa Change • IDP • Driver's License • License Renewal • Taxes • Pension|
|Transportation||Air • Bus • Ferry • Night Bus • Train • Travel Agencies|
|Top • About Mie • Life in Mie • Travel Guides • Learning • Teaching • JET Arrivals • Calendar • Returners • FAQ • SAQ • Help|