From Mie Guidebook
Information about uploading images to the wiki.
How to Upload
- Click on the "upload file" link which is located in the Toolbox (bottom-most box in the left-hand navbar)
- Select an image file to upload (source filename). Please keep file size small. Do not upload extremely hi-res pictures, there's no reason for anything bigger than 1024x768.
- Give the file a name (destination filename). The name on the wiki can be different than the original filename. Spaces are allowed. Pick something simple and reasonable.
- Write a brief description of the image (summary) - this text will not show up when the image is used in an article. It's a good idea to include who took the picture or where you got it from, and link back to the source in the latter case.
- You're ready to go - click "Upload File" and then you're Done!
Note: If you experience any errors after clicking the "Upload File" button, try giving the image a different destination filename (see step 3 above) and try again.
How to Display in Article
- Browse to the article you want the image in and click "edit".
- Images are shown on the right-hand side of the page with text flowing down the left side of them. The picture insert code is to be placed at the point in the article where you want the top of the image to begin. After finding the ideal point to insert the image, add this code on its own line:
For example, if you uploaded "IMG_2353.JPG" from your computer to the guidebook and gave it the filename "Ise Shrine Bridge.jpg", you would add:
[[Image:Ise Shrine Bridge.jpg|350px|right|thumb|Entrance into Ise Grand Shrine]]
- Click "Show preview" to make sure it shows up the way you want.
- Click "Save page" - All done :)
|Forum Help||About this Site • Rules • Registration • Website Usage • Posting Images • Rankings • Forum FAQ|
|Guidebook Help||Guidebook Usage • Basic Editing • Formatting and Markup • Manual of Style • Do's and Don'ts • Uploading|
|Top • About Mie • Life in Mie • Travel Guides • Learning • Teaching • JET Arrivals • Calendar • Returners • FAQ • SAQ • Help|